SPAA 2021 Call for Workshops/Tutorials
33rd ACM Symposium on Parallelism in
Algorithms and Architectures
July 5 - 8, 2021
Online (originally in Philadelphia)
ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA) 2021 will take place July 5-8, 2021 online. To allow a broad audience to participate, SPAA will host a series of workshops and tutorials to learn more about research challenges and discuss research questions, to exchange exciting ideas, and to build up communities and possible new collaborations.
The SPAA 2021 workshops and tutorials plan to be held on July 5, 2021, which will consist of workshops for a half-day and tutorials for 1.5 or 3 hours. We welcome proposals for workshops and tutorials that are either within the scope of the SPAA community or research challenges in related areas/problems that have potential impacts on the SPAA community. Proposals will be evaluated on an ongoing basis so early submissions are encouraged and will be evaluated immediately.
Conference Web Page:
Please submit proposals to the SPAA 2021 Workshops and Tutorials Chair (Yan Gu, firstname.lastname@example.org). Workshop and tutorial proposals will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. Early submissions are encouraged and will be evaluated immediately. Proposals should be submitted by February 28, 2021.
Proposals should be brief (at most 3 single-column pages). The following information should be included by a workshop proposal:
1. TitleHere is a sample template that you can refer to, or you can use another format if you prefer. We also welcome workshops with more invited presentations. Some example workshops can be found here (FOCS 2019, STOC 2020).
2. Name and email address of the organizer(s)
3. A description of the proposed format and agenda
4. Procedures for selecting participants and presenters
A tutorial proposal should include the following information:
1. The title and abstractAll workshop/tutorial proposals will be evaluated by a committee comprising the following members of the SPAA 2021 organizing committee.
2. The preferred duration (1.5 hours by default, 3h also available)
3. An outline of tutorial content and objectives with enough details for both the scope and the depth
4. Prerequisite knowledge
5. A very brief biography of the tutorial organizers and relevant information
- Yossi Azar (Program Chair)
- Yan Gu (Workshops and Tutorials Chair)
- Roberto Palmieri (Local Arrangement Chair)
- February 28, 2021: Proposals due
- April 30, 2021: Notification of acceptance
- July 5, 2020: SPAA workshops/tutorials