32nd ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures
Online (originally in Philadelphia)
July 14-16, 2020
The 32nd ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA '20) is sponsored by the ACM Special Interest Groups on Algorithms and Computation Theory (SIGACT) and Computer Architecture (SIGARCH) and organized in cooperation with the European Association for Theoretical Computer Science.
The inaugural workshops and tutorials plan to be held on July 14, 2020! This is the Call for Workshops/Tutorials.
Please note that due to the Corona crisis, we decided to turn SPAA 2020 into a virtual conference that will take place at the same time as originally planned.
(NEW!) The tutorial abstracts are available.
(NEW!) The conference proceedings are freely available for one month.
- Abstract: Feb 8
- Full Paper: Feb 15 AoE
- Rebuttal: April 13-15
- Notification: April 24
- Camera-ready copy due: May 13
Information for Paper Authors:
- Authors will be responsible for registering the accepted papers for inclusion in the proceedings by following the Registration page.
- More instructions for preparing and submitting the recorded talks will be sent out via emails.
Information for Attending the Virtual Conference:
Attending the virtual edition of SPAA 2020 is free of charge. Please register here. The registration will be pending for approval upon verification of your information.
Summary of the conference logistics for attending:
- Videos of paper presentations will be available before the conference start date on the SPAA 2020 Youtube channel.
- Upon registration, you will receive a confirmation email that includes directions on how to access Zoom, Slack and Gather.
- Three Zoom live sessions will be scheduled: Tutorials, Outstanding papers presentations, and Business Meeting. All of them use the same Zoom link included in the confirmation email.
- A Slack workspace is available and an invitation will be sent to you shortly after completing the registration process. There will be one Slack channel per session. Session chairs will be available to moderate discussions and Q&A.
- A Gather room has been created for socializing. The link and password will be included in the confirmation email. We encourage attendees to meet in the Gather room, which will be open the entire time. The rules of Gather are simple; it's a spatial chat, if your avatar is close to another avatar (or a group of them), then your audio/video will be automatically turned on and you can see/hear close-proximity avatars, and vice versa.
Further Information:For detailed information about SPAA, please visit https://spaa.acm.org or follow the following links (which will be activated as soon as the information becomes available).
- Michael Spear, Lehigh University
- Saeed Akhoondian Amiri, Max Plank Institut fur Informatik
Ariful Azad, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Grey Ballard, Wake Forest
Petra Berenbrink, University of Hamburg
Michael Bender, SUNY Stony Brook
Costas Busch, LSU
Ho-Lin Chen, National Taiwan University
Damian Dechev, University of Central Florida
Panagiota Fatourou, University of Crete
Jeremy Fineman, Georgetown University
Seth Gilbert, NUS
Yan Gu, UC Riverside
Ahmed Hassan, Lehigh University
Joe Izraelevitz, University of Colorado
Alex Kogan, Oracle
Evangelos Kranakis, Carleton University
Janardhan Kulkarni, MSR
Ashwin Lall, Denison Uniersity
Angelina Lee, WUSTL
Victor Luchangco, Algorand
Yannic Maus, Technion
Erez Petrank, Technion
Cynthia Phillips, Sandia National Laboratories
Vijaya Ramachandran, UT Austin
Pedro Ramalhete, Cisco
Eric Ruppert, York University
TB Schardl, MIT
Elad Schiller, Chalmers University of Technology
Gokarna Sharma, Kent State
Julian Shun, MIT
Nodari Sitchinava, University of Hawaii at Manoa
Shay Solomon, Tel Aviv University
Yihan Sun, UC Riverside
He Sun, University of Edinburgh
Jukka Suomela, Aalto University
Peter Varman, Rice University
Luca Zanetti, University of Cambridge
Chaodong Zheng, Nanjing University
SPAA General Chair
- Christian Scheideler, Paderborn University
- David Bunde, Knox College
SPAA Publicity Chairs
- Yan Gu, UC Riverside
- Julian Shun, MIT
SPAA Workshop/Tutorial Chair
- Yan Gu, UC Riverside
SPAA SafeTOC Advocate
- Vijaya Ramachandran, University of Texas at Austin
Local Arrangement Chair
- Roberto Palmieri, Lehigh University