ACM Symposium on Parallelism in Algorithms and Architectures (SPAA) 2023 will take place July 16-19, 2023 in Orlando, Florida, USA. To allow a broad audience to participate, SPAA will host a series of workshops and tutorials to learn more about research challenges and discuss research questions, to exchange exciting ideas, and to build up communities and possible new collaborations.
The SPAA 2023 workshops and tutorials plan to be held on July 16, 2023, which will consist of workshops for a half-day and tutorials for 1 or 1.5 hours. We welcome proposals for workshops and tutorials that are either within the scope of the SPAA community or research challenges in related areas/problems that have potential impacts on the SPAA community. Proposals will be evaluated on an ongoing basis so early submissions are encouraged and will be evaluated immediately.
Conference Web Page
Please submit proposals to the SPAA 2023 Workshops and Tutorials Chair (Yan Gu, firstname.lastname@example.org). Workshop and tutorial proposals will be evaluated on an ongoing basis. Early submissions are encouraged and will be evaluated immediately. Proposals should be submitted by February 28, 2023.
Proposals should be brief (at most 3 single-column pages). The following information should be included in a workshop proposal:
- Name and email address of the organizer(s)
- A description of the proposed format and agenda
- Procedures for selecting participants and presenters
Here is a sample template that you can refer to, or you can use another format if you prefer. We also welcome workshops with more invited presentations. Some example workshops can be found here (example).
A tutorial is for either 1 or 1.5 hours, depending on the number of accepted tutorials and local arrangement. A tutorial proposal should include the following information:
- The title and abstract
- An outline of tutorial content and objectives with enough details for both the scope and the depth
- Prerequisite knowledge
- A very brief biography of the tutorial organizers and relevant information
All workshop/tutorial proposals will be evaluated by a committee comprising the following members of the SPAA 2023 organizing committee.
- Julian Shun (Program Chair)
- Yan Gu (Workshops and Tutorials Chair)
- February 28, 2023: Proposals due
- April 30, 2023: Notification of acceptance
- July 16, 2023: SPAA workshops/tutorials in Orlando